Dirty Protest in partnership with Chapter present Parallel Lines
by Katherine Chandler
Steph is 15 years old. Simon is her teacher. Both live in Cardiff but their parallel lives couldn’t be more different. When an accusation is made and their worlds collide, things aren’t as simple as they might seem.
Award-winning playwright Katherine Chandler explores truth, class and power in contemporary Wales in this gripping, uncompromising play, directed by Catherine Paskell. Premiere of the 2012 Wales Drama Award winning play.
Dirty Protest is Wales’ national new writing fringe company. Projects in 2013 include a summer tour of new plays to the Almeida Theatre, the Royal Court Theatre and Latitude Festival, and Dirty, Gifted and Welsh, a festival of new writing with National Theatre Wales. Launched in 2007, Dirty Protest has worked with more than 100 Welsh writers, staging sell-out plays in venues from pubs and clubs, to kebab shops, hairdressers and a forest.
Supported by the Arts Council of Wales and the Welsh Government through the National Lottery. The Wales Drama Award is supported by BBC, National Theatre Wales and BBC Writersroom.
- Steph - Rachel Redford
- Melissa - Jan Anderson
- Julia - Lisa Diveney
- Simon - Gareth Pierce
- Writer - Katherine Chandler
- Director & Executive Producer - Catherine Paskell
- Designer - Signe Beckmann
- Lighting Designer - Jason Osterman
- Sound Designer - Dan Lawrence
- Radio Composition - Gareth Gwynn
- Fight Director - Kev McCurdy
- Assistant Director - Anna Poole
- Design Assistant - Natalie Wallace
- Production Manager - Tom Reilly
- Stage Manager - Kyla Miller
- Set Construction - Will Goad (Head of Staging at Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama)
- Crew - Lewis Gwyther & Liam James
- Producer - Sarah Jane Leigh
- Assistant Producer - Mawgaine Tarrant-Cornish
- Press and PR: Claire Hill
- Photographer: Tom Beardshaw
- Marketing Design: Burning Red
- Art Work Design: Nic Finch