Chapter has flat access to the building through automatic doors and lift access to the first floor. Both cinemas have wheelchair spaces, at the rear of Cinema 1, accessed via a stair lift, and at the front of Cinema 2, with flat access. Please call the Box Office on 029 2030 4400 to book wheelchair spaces. There are toilet facilities for our disabled customers on both the ground and the first floors and dedicated disabled parking spaces are located in the front and rear car parks. We also have an accessible changing facility on the ground floor.
Soft Subtitled Screenings
Soft Subtitles are designed for the hearing impaired and provide more information than English subtitles on a foreign language film. They describe when something is sung, rather than spoken; when significant music is happening (often with lyrics provided); and significant sound effects (such as a phone ringing). Soft Subtitles are written and produced on a separate disc that runs in sync with the film's print when projected in the cinema. Unfortunately, not all films are available with Soft Subtitling; this is dependent on the film distributors. We make every effort to screen a variety of Soft Subtitled films within our programme. These are listed in the magazine with the ST symbol.
Upcoming soft subtitled screenings are listed below.
- Tue 24 April 6.10: Unsane
- Wed 25 April 2.00: Black Panther (relaxed)
- Thu 26 April 1.30: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- Sat 28 April 6.10: Funny Cow
- Mon 30 April 1.30: Funny Cow
- Wed 2 May 6.20: Funny Cow
- Thu 3 May 8.40: Funny Cow
- Fri 4 May 6.10: Funny Cow
- Sun 6 May 11.00: Peter Rabbit
- Mon 7 May 6.20: Lady Bird
- Wed 9 May 1.30: Lady Bird (relaxed)
- Thu 10 May 10.30: Lady Bird
- Sat 12 May 6.00: I, Tonya
- Tue 15 May 10.30: I, Tonya
- Thu 17 May 1.30: Ghost Stories
- Sat 19 May 6.00: The Leisure Seeker
- Sun 20 May 11.00: Duck Duck Goose TBC
- Tue 22 May 2.00: The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society TBC
- Wed 23 May 8.20: The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society TBC
- Thu 24 May 10.30: The Leisure Seeker
- Thu 24 May 6.05: The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society TBC
- Fri 25 May 6.00: The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society TBC
- Sat 26 May 11.00: Duck Duck Goose TBC
- Sat 26 May 2.30: The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society TBC
- Mon 28 May 10.30: The Leisure Seeker
Audio Description Screenings
Audio Description is an additional audio track with narration describing events on screen, offered in both cinemas for visitors with a visual impairment. For more information please see the RNIB webpage here. We also have an induction loop in Cinema 1. Screenings with an Audio Description facility are listed in the programme next to the AD symbol. Please ask the usher if you require the Audio Description track.
- Fri 13 - Thu 26 April: Wonderstruck
- Fri 13 - Thu 26 April: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- Mon 23 - Sun 29 April: Black Panther
- Mon 23 - Thu 26 April: Unsane
- Fri 27 April - Thu 10 May: Funny Cow
- Sat 5 - Thu 31 May: Peter Rabbit
- Fri 4 - Thu 10 May: Lady Bird
- Fri 11 - Tue 15 May: I, Tonya
- Fri 11 - Thu 17 May: Ghost Stories
- Fri 18 - Thu 31 May: The Leisure Seeker
- Fri 18 - Thu 31 May: The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society TBC
- Sat 19 - Wed 30 May: Duck Duck Goose TBC
Dementia Friendly Screenings
Chapter is working to make our programme and the building more accessible for people living with dementia. Our new dementia friendly screenings are a great opportunity for people living with dementia to enjoy a film in a relaxed friendly environment. The screenings themselves are shown without adverts or trailers and have slightly brighter lighting throughout the auditorium. Where possible we will screen the film with soft subtitles and audio description available. Following the films there is a chance to socialise with tea and coffee (included in the ticket price) in one of our hire rooms.
The screenings are open to anyone living with dementia i.e. those diagnosed with and their family, friends, neighbours or carers. We also welcome charity workers, medical professionals, care home staff, social workers and support staff.
Ticket price: £4.50 including a cup of tea or coffee
Tickets for carers are free.
If you require a wheelchair space, please phone the box office on 02920304400 to book. There is a limited amount available - 3 wheel chair spaces in cinema 1, and 4 wheel chair spaces in cinema 2
For more information about our Dementia Friendly Screenings, please click here.
Relaxed Environment Screenings
These screenings are recommended for anyone who might benefit from the subtle alterations made to the auditorium environment. Films are screened with the lights raised slightly, the volume turned down, and with the trailers and adverts removed. People can feel free to move around the cinema or make a noise as they feel comfortable. Chapter staff will be on hand to help if you need additional assistance. Unallocated seating. Regular ticket prices apply.
- Wed 25 April 2.00: Black Panther
- Sat 28 April 2.30: The Old Dark House
- Wed 9 May 1.30: Lady Bird
- Sat 12 May 11.00: Chicken Run
- Tue 22 May 2.00: The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society
- Tue 29 May 3.00: The Breadwinner
Supportive Environment Screenings
Supportive Environment Screenings are for children and adults on the autism spectrum or with learning disabilities, and their families, friends and carers. During these screenings low level lights are left on in the auditorium and the volume of the soundtrack is reduced. There are no adverts or trailers before the film and visitors are free to get up and move around the cinema.
Chapter Cinema are currently working to develop our Supportive Environment screenings and improve our facilities for visitors who are deaf, blind, hard of hearing or visually impaired. If you have any comments or suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
"The worry of a child crying or behaving inappropriately just wasn’t there — it was only after I got home that I realised I hadn’t been stressed and indeed none of the other families seemed stressed either. I’m sure this rubbed off on the children. It was a real treat for the whole family."Parent comment
Cinemas Exhibition Association Card
We accept the Cinemas Exhibition Association Card - www.ceacard.co.uk - and offer a free ticket to your companion or carer for cinema screenings. For more information please call our Box Office on 029 2030 4400.
Art and culture is for everyone. But if you have an impairment or a specific access requirement, often enjoying a visit to a theatre or an arts centre can be more complicated than just booking tickets and choosing what to wear. Hynt is a national scheme that works with theatres and arts centres across Wales to make things clear and consistent. It’s also a resource for anyone who needs specific access information to plan a trip to the theatre. We are part of the Hynt scheme as we believe it offers our customers the very best practice in fair ticketing policy and accessibility.
Hynt is a Membership Card - Hynt cardholders are entitled to a ticket free of charge for a personal assistant or carer at all the theatres and arts centres participating in the scheme. Click here to find out whether you or the person you care for are eligible for a card or click here to apply.
Hynt is a Resource - www.hynt.co.uk and www.hynt.cym provide a range of useful information and guidance on the scheme and how it works. It’s also a resource for anyone interested in information or news around access and the arts. The site features listings of all accessible performances as well as providing up to date venue information to help you plan your visit. We will be happy to talk you through the scheme and our part in it. If you would like to speak to a member of staff, please contact our Box Office on 029 2030 4400.
You can also see our Accessible performances on the Hynt website