Canton Beer Festival
Canton is a burgeoning area for beer aficionados, and so several of its finest establishments are pulling together to celebrate the best the neighbourhood has to offer. The Canton Beer Festival is a one-day collaborative event, co-hosted by Chapter, St. Canna’s Ale House, The Lansdowne Pub, and Pipes Brewery. Each venue will have a unique set of Welsh beers for you to sample, as well as great entertainment and activities.
- Family craft workshops & Welsh Cake making cancelled
- 2 – 3pm: Glamorgan folklore storytelling with Cardiff Storytelling Circle
- 2pm: Roll Out the Barrel cinema screening, a selection of BFI archive footage and short films about the good old British pub. Essential viewing for beer lovers!
- From 9pm: Live music from Gareth Bonello (The Gentle Good)
- 12 – 9pm (or until sold out): Home made Welsh pork faggots, peas, chips & gravy plus a pint £9 (full menu also available)
- 12 – 11.30pm: Beer tasting board – a sample of three of our excellent West Wales beers in more manageable quantaties
- 6pm: Folklore storytelling with Llinos Pritchard
- 7pm: Live music
St Canna's Ale House
- 2- 3pm: Meet the dogs from Cardiff Dogs Home! (family friendly)
- 5pm: Poetry Hour with Rhys Milsom
- 5 – 10pm: Pregos Street Food pop-up (traditional and fusion foods inspired by the voyages of Portuguese navigators)
- 8pm: Live music from James P. Davies (from local band Shopgirls)
- 12 – 7pm: BAR OPEN serving 9 different beers available throughout the day, including a rotational line of 3 never seen before sour beers.
- While stocks last: Canton Beer Fest specially brewed beer ‘Canton Festivale’
Pick up your passport from your first venue and receive a stamp when you make a purchase at each festival venue. Collect all four stamps, fill in your details and hand in your passport for a chance to win a goody bag stuffed with vouchers and merchandise from each of the festival venues, plus a few treats from our friends at I Loves the Diff!
Free entry - no ticket required